- a twelve-blogger effort to ring in Oktoberfest stateside
- six days of brewery spotlights and tasty beer-centric recipes
Back to beer. . .I'm happy to count Arcadia's Angler Ale, IPA, and now Jaw-Jacker among some of my favorite Michigan beers these days.
Pumpkin Beer Bread
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin ale
Preheat oven to 350º and grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
Combine all dry ingredients, flour - allspice.
Melt the butter over low heat. Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin puree and brown sugar, first. Then, add in eggs and ale.
Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry, until just combined.
Bake for about an hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the loaf.
|Four-year olds think it's cute to photo bomb? Well, ok, it is kind of cute.|
- Jeanne @ Inside NanaBread's Head: Beer Sampling & Dark Chocolate Stout Cake with Caramel and Kahlua Whipped Cream
- Allison @ Decadent Philistines Save the World: Spicy German Mustard, Ale-Soaked Sweet Potato Oven Fries, and Maple-Ale Ice Cream
- Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama: Woodchuck Sweet Potato Bisque