Sunday, July 24, 2011

Family Dinner

Few times are my dinners blog worthy, but last nights dinner - totally blog worthy. It also featured lots of local ingredients.

My Dad grilled Copper River Salmon (ok, not local) with a brown sugar and mustard glaze. I prepped and helped grill sweet corn from my favorite Battle Creek Farmer's Market. This was my first time grilling sweet corn. I followed these instructions to grill and also made the accompanying herb butter with parsley, thyme, and rosemary. My Dad said we should have left more husk on the corn and soaked it in water prior to grilling and as the corn silk caught fire, I began to agree with him. Nonetheless, everything turned out fine. We also had coleslaw made by Mom and Dad using a recipe my grandma used to make with cabbage from the market a few weeks ago.


Earlier in the day, my bro-in-law David made a blueberry pie with berries we picked up in Middleville on vacation earlier this week. The crust was probably my favorite. Great finale to a great dinner. 


P.S. Currently listening to The Outer Vibe, they played at an outdoor concert in Battle Creek on Friday. Loving it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment