Saturday, October 8, 2011

Caffeinated

Stuff gets done when you drink cold brewed coffee. Grounds in water for 24 hours, buddy!

After two trips to the bank (I forgot my debit card the first time), I had my sights set on one thing when I arrived at the Farmer's Market this morning - coffee. It was found in the form of RoosRoast and listed on the menu as ice bomb, or ice monster, err something like that. After all, it was upwards of 70 degrees here today. Later finds at the market included: radishes, butternut squash, brussel sprouts, apples, tarragon encrusted goat cheese and a mini pumpkin pie. Market eats after the coffee jitters set in: pork tamale and curtido salad (don't worry I had to Google it too) from Pilar's Tamale Cart.

Attempting to do my Spanish workbook proved difficult for the next few hours, as my hands jittered away. I sent a lot of texts quickly in those few hours. I settled for some computer work instead, applying for graduation and finishing up a form I have been putting off for my major. The coffee convulsions continued and I decided to try and run it out. That's something that wears me out quickly. :)

I ended my run at the food co-op to grab a lemon for the spinach pesto I was planning to make. I'm sure the sweat running down my head as I cooled off in the store was really attractive.

Eventually I made this spinach pesto, however using a food processor. It was later enjoyed atop a half of yesterday's lentil burgers (only seven more left to eat!) with goat cheese. The other lentil burger half was topped with goat cheese and American Spoon Tomato Relish (buy this!). Both were winning combos. 


P.S. That pumpkin pie? It no longer exists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment