Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Acorn Squash & Apple Soup

Last week while reading all of my usual blogs in my Google Reader, I stumbled upon this recipe on the blog "Peas and Thank You." Knowing that I am in the Mitten, and it is prime time for apples and squash I made tentative plans to make some sort of apple-squash soup this week. Upon further review of my farmers market purchases I decided to make this soup, found on the blog "Happy Herbivore."

I made a few modifications to the original recipe, the first being that I roasted my squash in the oven on 400 degrees for about 40 minutes instead of putting the squash in the microwave.


My next modification (which may have been where I went wrong) was trying to make a one-and-a-half version of the recipe. I had more squash than the recipe called for but I knew I would use the squash otherwise.



The Verdict: I found the soup slightly sweet, yet lacking in a robust flavor. The original recipe did note that the soup is even better the next day which I would have to agree with. :D

This is not my last attempt with squash soup; I have had some pretty outstanding squash soup so I know it can be done. Next time I think I will try to make a recipe similar to the recipe on "Peas and Thank You" to pack a little protein in.

What are you making this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment