Thursday, December 30, 2010

Alas, Real Food. . .

From holidays to finals to holidays, my diet has been less than ideal the past month or so. However I think last nights dinner was a step in the right direction. I made Vegetarian Time's Chickpea Tangine featured in their Healing Foods Cookbook special issue.




I loved this dish! I served it on top of some Near East Long Grain and Wild Rice which made the dish in my opinion. 


Cumin was in short supply in our pantry, so I fell a little bit short of a teaspoon - which ended up being alright. The dish had a great balance of sweet and spicyand the parsley and Greek yogurt garnishes added a cool and refreshing touch. 


I loved the currants in this dish and so the only future change I may make to the dish is adding more currants (probably closer to 1/3 cup instead of 1/4). 



P.S. Finally catching up on Top Chef All Stars and Carla just won a trip to Italy! Hooray!

4 comments: