Saturday, January 1, 2011

Celebrating the New Year

Welcome 2011! Twenty-ten was a good year full of new experiences, places and faces. That being said it is always fun to start the new year with a "clean slate." I have only made one resolution (more like goal) for this year. . .


To run a half-marathon! The training has started, the race selected, and the cause still undetermined but I have two that I am mulling over and will make that decision soon. I am excited for the challenge, but slightly scared to be attempting it alone. I have been thinking about this goal for a month or so, going back and forth in my head and I have decided that there is no physical reason I can't do this and really only good can come out of it - mentally and physically. And if I am able, I should!


*Mind over matter, mind over matter, mind over matter.*


So, lets get back to what you came here to read about - food, duh. Last night my family and I rang in the new year with some great food and even better friends! We went over to our good friends The Morel's house and celebrated the new year Morel-Curtis-Smith-Shear/Tanoff-LD style.


Here are a few pictures of food and friends from the last night of 2010:


Val's Chex-Mix creation - white chocolate, cinnamon, orange - yum!


Mol, Val and a creeper. 

My (first) plate.

Mrs. Morel's Mulled Cider - must.get.recipe.

P.S. And how can I forget the delicious lunch I had at BC's newest restaurant - Malia. I had the Tortellini Carbonara, so so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment