Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mediterranean Quinoa Salad

I am moving out of my apartment in a few short weeks (sad face). I have lots of grains, beans and lentils that I haven't eaten. What have I been eating? Coincidentally, this recipe from Eat Live Run popped up last week and seemed like a great use for my quinoa.

Being the relatively unsophisticated and broke college student that I am, I decided to eighty-six a few ingredients that I deemed not necessary for me to still eat and enjoy this salad. On the proverbial chopping block were the lemon and oregano, but in its place I used a lemon infused olive oil that I have and drizzled the slightest bit of balsamic vinegar over my individual serving of salad.

On the actual "chopping block," 2 cups of tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 1/2 of a cup of kalamata olives, and 3/4 of a cup of feta cheese were mixed with 1 cup (dry) of quinoa, lemon olive oil, and salt and pepper. Serve chilled and enjoy.


1 comment:

  1. Yum - quinoa! I am making a carrot-quinoa something or other tomorrow. I love that it's a protein, so I don't feel like I'm cheating myself.

    ReplyDelete