Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"You know I don't like to drink my calories."

Ever since reading about drinking a smoothie-a-day on Healthy Tipping Point, they have been on my mind. I was way into smoothies last summer (and did a great job of grossing out my mom and sister in the process). Such a great way to knock out a few items in the food pyramid, especially the leafy greens. 

In today's "blend" was:
  • two handfuls of spinach
  • one frozen banana
  • 1/3 cup of yogurt
  • 2/3 cup of milk
  • half a packet of Rice Protein powder (I have a thing against soy protein.)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of honey
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground flax

Later, I pulled some "iced" coffee I mixed up yesterday out of the refrigerator. Leftover coffee and 1/4 cup of milk in the fridge? I actually have no idea if this is how iced coffee is made, Starbucks definitely does it better. I'll Google it and get back to you.

The PB that was in here before was really good! :)

In other Mitten news, next week is Spring Break here. What!? I am going on an Alternative Spring Break trip, but I'll bring back lots of munchings for you.

1 comment:

  1. You should get a Jack LaLane (RIP) juicer.
    I have tried, and I just can't do powders or veggies in smoothies.

    ReplyDelete