Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Strawberry-Banana Muffins


I finished up my last assignment this evening for my summer program, Semester in Detroit. I didn't know what to do with myself, so naturally I decided to bake. I followed this recipe for "seriously healthy banana muffins" loosely. I had to bake the seriously healthy ones because I ran for a good six minutes tonight, and well you know, I'd hate to ruin that. The muffins turned out good, I'm excited to scarf one or two down tomorrow morning for breakfast.

Here are a few notes:
- I used 2/3 C sugar instead of 1 C.
- 3 Bananas and 5 Large Strawberries instead of 4 Bananas.
- 1 C flour and 1/2 C oat bran, instead of 1 1/2 C flour.
- I got 13 muffins out of the recipe, which I cooked for 20 minutes (although they could have used 2 minutes).

Look for a best of Detroit post coming this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment