Sunday, January 16, 2011

Krazy Jim. . .

Friday night brought lots of fun and fried food. I headed to Krazy Jim's Blimpy Burger with friends (or should I say, I ran to KJ's Blimpy Burger much later than intended after a schedule mishap at work) and then to my first indoor U of M hockey game versus Ferris State University.

Blimpy Burger is an Ann Arbor institution for students, located in the heart of the Packard-Madison-S. Division student housing area.  It has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (I think it is classified as a dive, see video below) and more recently, Man Vs. Food. 


Friday night was my first time ordering and dining in at Blimpy Burger. Delicious - but only every once and a while. Important note for first timers: no cell phones in line, and be sure to read the guidelines for ordering. My burger was a double on a regular bun with grilled onions and banana peppers, Swiss, pickles, ketchup and mustard. I also split some onion rings. . .and ate most of the aforementioned in an embarrassing amount of time. 


Then it was off to the hockey game we went (rolled), where Michigan beat FSU 3-2. And then it was time to come HOME!



P.S. Promised Puppy Pics. 

Nephew Adam and new dog-nephew Carlos.
Lucy and Cath's new puppy [unnamed], but we can just call her Blanca for convenience sake. 

1 comment:

  1. I am officially a "follower!" Good choices on the burger!

    ReplyDelete