Saturday, January 8, 2011

TasteFULL Saturday

It was a great, friend filled day with lots of munchings. It started out with bagel and coffee at work - meh. Lunch and dinner were the real stars today.

Lets start with lunch, which was had at the best deli in the world, Zingerman's, with C, C & G. We had to wait outside for about 10 or 12 minutes to go in (but well worth the wait in my opinion). 




I ordered a sandwich I had a few weeks ago when my sister was in town, the "TNT Cowboy Reuben." BBQ Beef Brisket + Coleslaw + Provolone + Onion Rye = :D I told my sister I was going to order it again and she suggested I wear a smock, but I opted for a fork and knife instead (very runny). 

As good as the sandwich was, it was even better to catch up with some great girls. I can't believe how long it had been since some of us had seen each other - we had lots of things to talk about! And the fun just kept on coming when we stopped at The Cupcake Station (I love mini cupcakes!). 


Post lunchtime it was time for my Saturday run - more on that in a minute.

For dinner it was Chipotle with Abby! Abby and I love Chipotle, I think this is the third time we have been since school started in August and surely not the last. 

The food at Chipotle is always fresh, and they have a great story - check it out here. I ordered a Vegetarian Burrito Bowl which included cilantro rice, black beans, sauteed peppers and onions, pico, corn salsa, lettuce and a dollop of guacamole.

Not pictured: Coffee Shake at Potbelly's with Abby.


Half Marathon Training Update

As I mentioned, today was my long Saturday run as part of the half marathon training plan I am following. I ran 60 minutes (just over 5 miles) - I was impressed with myself. It marked some important milestones: the end of my second week of training, my longest run to date, and my first time consuming GU (eww!). All in all it went great, I can't believe how much I have built up my endurance over the past few weeks - although there is still much more to be built - and I feel so much stronger. 

When I got back to school earlier this week one of my first thoughts was how tough it was going to be to stick with my training amidst 17 credits and work. I know it is going to be hard, but on the other hand, it might keep me sane (I'll let you know how that goes ;))

Hope your Sunday brings you rest and relaxation. 

2 comments:

  1. Haven't tried a bowl at Chipotle before, will need to do that! It looks yummy!

    Also, I'm going to vote that the running will keep you sane... everything else here at UM can be totally nuts, but the exercise always makes you take time to clear your head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have friends who SWEAR by GU. I don't know... I think I might be OK with the berry or fruit flavor, but one of my friends said she gagged on the chocolate one.
    If I ever get up to Zingermann's, I"m getting pastrami. I was drooling on the menu.

    ReplyDelete